The School and its Facilities:
The school has been awarded Healthy School Status and the Eco-Schools Award.
Holy Cross is situated on an attractive site on the south-western side of Chorley and is accessible via the B5252 Chorley link road, known as Myles Standish Way.
Much of school was refurbished in 1999, as a result of a move to a single site which now contains very pleasant and well-equipped buildings.
These facilities include:
- 2 Food Technology rooms.
- 3 Design & Technology workshops.
- An Art & Design area.
- 8 top quality science laboratories.
- A computer suite comprising 3 rooms equipped with top quality computer access via broadband connection.
- A state of the art glasshouse
The sporting facilities include:
- Sports hall.
- Multi-purpose fitness suite.
- Full size, all weather, floodlit synthetic pitch for soccer, hockey and netball.
- Changing rooms.
- Grass soccer and rugby pitches.
- Tennis and netball courts.
- A refurbished classroom for science and physical education theoretical and practical experiments.
- An outstanding library/resources area with additional computer facilities.
- Most rooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards and many departments have their own sets of computers and laptops in addition to the 3 ICT rooms.
- Green spaces for pupils to enjoy and cultivate plants, vegetables and fruits.
During 2017/18 the following improvements will be made to the school;
- A new music suite
- A new food technology classroom
- As we continue to modernise, classrooms are now being equipped with large 65 inch monitors and teaching staff utilise hand held tablets to project onto the screens. This makes it much clearer to see the displays and enables the teacher to have a more interactive role with the pupils. Most rooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards and many departments have their own sets of computers and laptops in addition to the 3 ICT rooms.